Mindfulness is a practice that can be undertaken by staff teams, teachers and groups of community leaders as part of their Continuing Professional Development. Many groups and staff teams find a mindfulness workshop useful for self-care and for team building.
Mindfulness courses on offer to your organisation, staff team or school include:
- A one-off introductory Mindfulness workshop for staff, which includes a presentation on the theory and principles of Mindfulness as well as experiential practices. The timing of this session can be designed to suit the needs of your group, organisation or staff team and options and resources for follow up are included.
- An “Introduction to Mindfulness” course which includes 4, 5 or 6 practice sessions, once weekly, designed to introduce your team to the main principles and practices of Mindfulness as well as supporting them to look at ways of incorporating Mindfulness into the workplace. Times for this course can be scheduled according to the needs of your group but the course works particularly well when run in the late afternoon or early evening, at the conclusion of the working day.
- Participation as a staff team in the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction programme.
- Mindfulness sessions can also be tailored to suit the needs of your organisation’s team or staff grouping so please feel free to contact Susan to discuss your particular requirements.
Over the past number of years, courses, introductory sessions and presentations were held with:
- Credit Union staff
- Adult Ed Teachers
- Tinnitis Support group
- Stroke Support group
- Baile Mhuire Stroke Service, Tralee
- Ard Curam Stroke Service, Listowel
- Young Adults with Down Syndrome
- Nursing Staff working with children with life limiting conditions
- Early School Leaver students
- Youth groups
- Community Mental Health Service
- Staff teams of Secondary and Primary schools
- Active Retired groups
- Staff of Kerry Council Council
- UCC Dental School
- Mental Health Student Nurses, Institute of Technology, Tralee
- Kerry Travellers Development Project
- Kerry County Libraries
- HSE Physiotherapy Department
- HSE Social Work Department
- HSE Mental Health Team
- Recovery Haven Bereavement Group
- Tearmann Mental Health Day Care Service, Dingle
- Foster carers
Some feedback from these sessions:
“The teaching and administration staff of Killarney VTOS Adult Education engaged with an Introduction to Mindfulness Course. The feedback from all members of staff has been very positive. The experience was very worthwhile and effective for team building. A practice which many staff have now integrated into their daily personal and professional lives.”
Members of a Stroke Support group reported the following:
“People who have suffered a stroke have a lot of stress, worry and anxiety in their lives. Having a session with Susan on mindfulness can really help, showing you ways to relax and techniques to make this realxation part of everyday life.”
“I have learned to set time aside for me, just to relax, breathe…no telly, no noise or any other distraction.”
“It helps to rest the mind.”
It’s fantastic to chill out and forget my troubles.”
Helps me to relax and stop worrying.”